Who I am
I live in Cottenham, near Cambridge, with my husband, Gareth, and my daughter Heather. Heather was born on 14th August, 2006, and currently takes up most of my time. I am a Christian (actively involved at All Saints, Cottenham).
What I do
I've realised that when people ask what I do, like many people, I tend to assume they're only asking about things I'm paid for. Since 2000, I have been a "portfolio worker", mixing and matching several part-time jobs, so even that can turn into a list. Below, I've tried to be a bit more comprehensive...
- Look after Heather
- Oversee the AskNrich web board
- Tutor for the Open University, on their Open Mathematics course
- Run (jointly) Little Saints
- Study Open University courses (2008: MT365, M336, 2009: probably A214)
- Help with Children's Church
- A little bit of GCSE maths tuition
- Play viola in the Cambridge Philharmonic
- Play piano wherever – my current repertoire is mainly nursery rhymes but I'm working on some Liszt
- Help with the Cottenham Churches Holiday Club
- Volunteer for mad things like hosting Messy Play in our garden
- Sing occasionally, usually when the church choir does something special
Things I've done in the relatively recent past:
- Secondary mathematics teaching (looking to return, part-time, in 2010)
- Scripture Union LiveWires holiday.
- Textbook work - mainly reviewing drafts and checking
- Royal Institution Maths masterclasses
There's an e-mail at the bottom of the page. If you do online networking, I exist on LiveJournal, and rather more tentatively on FaceBook.
For photos, see Flickr: we intend to add more soon.
I tend to operate on the most paranoid security settings, but will gladly add friends as contacts.
My other pages
Here are some links to my other pages. I am still reconstructing this site, so they may not exist at the moment.